Varicose veins are a problem that many people experience, but one that isn’t bothersome for most of those sufferers. Some people do experience varicose vein pain mobile al and require medical treatment to resolve the pain and trouble this condition brings. This fact is just one of many that you may not have known before. Take a look at these six facts about varicose veins.
1. Varicose veins are enlarged veins that protrude from the skin. Most people who suffer with the condition complain more of the unsightly appearance of the varicose veins than actual pain. However, this isn’t the case for every person and pain may very well be something that you experience.
2. The legs and the feet are the two most common areas for varicose veins to appear although it is possible to spot them anywhere on the body. Walking and standing cause pressure that can cause this condition in turn.
3. There are many causes of varicose veins, including obesity, sedentary lifestyle, age, and genetics. It is usually hard to determine the cause of the problem without doctor help.
4. Spider veins are oftentimes confused as varicose veins, however, they’re two separate conditions! Spider veins look like a web in appearance and are caused by different concerns.
5. One of the best ways to rid varicose veins is to change your lifestyle. If you are inactive, increase your activity level. Stop smoking and change your eating habits!
6. Heaviness in the legs, swelling, and itching are among the most common complaints that varicose veins causes the user.
If you need medical intervention to resolve a problem with varicose veins, talk to the doctor at once. This condition is fairly simple to treat for most people but in rare cases may require surgery. Talk to your doctor to find out more.